gogotomica

gogotomica

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ken's Garage visits Singapore

I guess some of you may have heard of Ken's Garage if you have read my post on toy car shopping in Hong Kong. I was in Hong Kong some months back and Ken informed that he will be visiting Singapore with his family in May. I was delighted as it will be my turn to play host to him. Some of my friends do know Ken's Garage through photos from my blog. They have also indirectly becomes his customer through little help from me. I organised a small group and invited those in my Tomica group who has similar collecting trend. We had a really good time discussing on early Japan made Tomica to future of Tomica. Since all of us collect Black box Tomica, Foreign Series and also current regular, we never lack of topics for discussion. The few hours we spent passed like seconds. Anyway, I will be meeting up with Ken next week when I am in Tokyo. We will be staying in the same hotel so we can catch up again from there.

(From left to right): Aaron, Kelvin, Ken, Michael & Julian


18th June is Ken's Garage 3rd Anniversary



Gifts from Ken. All these are specially made for his shop to commemorate Ken's Garage 3rd year. Limited numbers were made only.




11 comments:

  1. wah .... so much nice car ... i wish i was there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you not free that Saturday mah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. saturday ah ..... darn ... i know i should have come..... too much work ... darn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice seeing fellow Tomica collectors in a get together. How I wish I was there too. =)

    Julian, does Ken have an online store? How can I hook up with Ken's Garage?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jovet, Ken does not have an online store. I am with Ken in Tokyo now. Let me check with him if I can give you his msn address. I think he might be able to ship overseas although I never did there before. I frequent HK around 3 or 4 times per year so usually I buy off the shelf and do not pre-order unless my friends wants it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Derrick, no, he doesn't have one but I should be meeting him soon. Where are you from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ..I am Jackson from Jakarta.
    I am looking for 1 set of tomica Kuji VI auto salon
    Please email me pljkt@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi. im jun from Philippines. I start buying and collecting current regular TOMICA last quarter of 2010. I really enjoy reading your post, browsing pictures and a lot of info about TOMICA.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. singapore promo gift

    ReplyDelete