gogotomica

gogotomica

Friday, May 11, 2012

Porsche 356

A friend was hunting Hot Wheels at his favourite spot and came across this classic car. He couldn't make out the exact model of this car so he send this photo to me. I show the picture among my friends and nobody could give the correct answer. They were surprised when I announce that this is the first road car from Porsche, a 356 to be exact. I know there is 356, 356A, 356B and 356C but I couldn't make out which is this. I am thinking this should be closer to 356A. Jeff, any comments? It's not a surprise that most people in my region do not know this car. The reason why I am able to recognize cars older than I am should credit to the "Top Trumps" pictorial cards I used to had when I was a kid. You can hardly imagine the amount of cards I had then so I am able to tell different make and model of cars since young.
I don't think that this car is road worthy. It had a foreign registered plate which I believed is American. Any cars older than 3 years imported to Singapore are not allowed to be driven on our road. I do hope that this regulation will be abolish as our tiny island can hardly find any classic cars.
These are some Porsche 356 Speedster made by Tomica.
It's not exactly the same car captured by my friend but it's the closest I had. I can only recall Maisto made a 356 Coupe.
The rally version had an extra roll bar comparing to the road car version. Nice presentation of a 356 done by Tomica.


3 comments:

  1. The Porsche 356 is a high end sports car that was first generated by Austrian business Porsche Konstruktionen GesmbH (1948-1949), and then by simply German firm Dr . Ent. h. c. F. Porsche GmbH (1950-1965). It was Porsche's first development automobile. Previously cars created by the Austrian company involve Cisitalia Grand Prix contest car, the Volkswagen Beetle, and Automotive Union Grand Prix vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matra was on the rise, and the FIA being heavily French influenced saw the need to put rules in place to assist the new French marque into the ever challenging ranks of world sports car racing. car dealerships near me

    ReplyDelete