gogotomica

gogotomica

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Siku - Hungarian Diecast

This is my first and only made in Hungary toy car. I wanted to get a Hungarian Siku for a long time but the price isn't always right for me. It was until I went to Hong Kong in February this year and bought this Siku finally. I saw this car has been in the shop for quite some time as I been looking at it every time I went to that shop. They finally mark down to a price reasonable for me to pay for. I happily pick it together with some other cars I found which are rare and good buy.

I know there are quite a number of Hungarian collectors here supporting my blog. I only know Sam Joe but I think that there might be some others. To thank all of you, I will post this car here. I do not know much of Hungarian Siku except that there are made in the 1980s and Siku collaborate with Metchy of Hungary. The build quality of this car is decent, rolls well and I couldn't tell it's a Hungarian made until I see the base. Since I started to collect Siku last year, it will be good for me to have a Hungarian variant. Looking forward to friends from Hungary to post some comments in this posting.


8 comments:

  1. Hey, congratulations! Nice catch! What a story this little car could tell, about how it made from Hungary to Hong Kong!

    Here you can read more about Hungarian die-cast manufacturing, including Sikus and other brands as well:

    http://hungariandiecast.blogspot.com/2010/01/diecast-toys-made-in-hungary-siku.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, would you mind telling me the name of this toy store in Hong Kong?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Good history about Korean cars. I have a white Scoupe in Brazil, find me on FaceBook for pictures.
    Alan Schreiber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the old Siku wheels which made them run so fast.

    The latest Siku I got my kid have really bad wheels and the doors are no good as well now. They don't stay shut and flap around. They used to be my go to brand to buy for my kid when I wanted more realism but recently Majorette is coming back strong! been reviewing them for years at Matchbox vs Hot Wheels vs Majorette Toy Cars

    The 1:64 Siku have really dropped in quality :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diescast toys have their unique feature to attract all categories of people.

    Collectable diecast toys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the post.. parents are worlds best person in each lives of individual..they need or must succeed to sustain needs of the family. Hungarian goose down pillow

    ReplyDelete