gogotomica

gogotomica

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Best Tomica of 2019

BEST TOMICA OF 2019

This year marks the 50th Anniversary for Tomica. Times really flies as I vaguely remember that they were just celebrating 40th birthday when I started this blog. For 2019, we see that Tomica has once again undergone another "restructuring". I wouldn't say it's a good or bad change or should I say it's kind of like good lousy. Most of the Tomica released in 2019 has no opening parts but the music to everyone's ears is most Tomica comes with proper rear windows now. The rating for this year becomes a little wearying because most Tomica fit and finish are almost on par. It now voices down to personal preference. Here we go starting with round 1 of elimination.



ROUND 1

December 2019 McLaren Speedtail

The 3rd McLaren by Tomica. This might be the worst of the 3 models done by Tomica. I don't know if it is the shape of the car or Tomica. The design of this McLaren is totally unappealing, perhaps that explains why this car doesn't appeal to me (or most petrohead). What made it worse is, there is no opening parts or even suspension. This is one car I know it won't win beauty contest or any Tomica award from the start.

July 2019 Honda CRV

I boot this out because of the rear window. Period.

October 2019 Suzui Spacia Gear

I love this car, don't mind own one for its cuteness. Everything from the front till C-pillar is good, everything after C-pillar is a no no for me. I have to applaud this model for its front design. I realized most of the Tomica in 2019 has improve on grill and even the colour of the headlights used looks more convincing now.

November 2019 Mitsubishi Delica D:5

Eliminated due to painted window after C-pillars. Treatment on front and rear looks an improvement though.

December 2019 Volvo XC60

Applaud Tomica for making the first Volvo but why not a S60 or S90? There are so many SUV or Minivan in the range already. I don't really fancy XC range as well but what land this car here is because of its rear painted window.


June 2019 Toyota JPN Taxi

Sat in one a few times when i was in Japan. Love the space and love Japanese taxi. Regret to see windows from C-pillars are all painted.

May 2019 Subaru Forester

Its an improvement over previous model but rear windows painted so I couldn't let it pass the next round.


Round 2
This round getting tougher now. Judging based on personal preference as most Tomica fit and finished as almost on par with no major blunder.

May 2019 Toyota Coaster Kindergarten Bus

Nice livery of a kindergarten bus. Just doesn't connect with this casting.

April 2019 Isuzu Sign Car

Too many variants of Isuzu trucks and doesn't really connect with this one.

February 2019 Lamborghini Urus

2nd SUV Lamborghini made into a Tomica.

August 2019 Hino Profia Katsushika Truck

Retains the opening "gull wings" opening doors on the cargo area. Nice touch although not a fan of Profia trucks.

August 2019 Toyota GR Supra

Always look at it as a BMW, casting a little too simple, can be better if the svelte style doors could open.

September 2019 Toyota Century

Toyota Century loses its Japanese flavor looking similar to a Rolls. 

November 2019 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ

Nice proportions comparing to a number of Lamborghini made by Tomica Could be better if the spoiler can be a separate piece.

September 2019 Toyota Camry Sports

One of my Camry in recent years because I am never a fan of Camry. Will be nicer if wheels used are those from Airwave or Axio sedan.

July 2019 Nissan GT-R NISMO 2020 model

We have seen too many GT-R so unavoidable that we expect more from this model. This is the only model that doesn't have opening doors.

March 2019 Pizza-La Delivery Bike

Nicely made delivery bike you see daily in Tokyo. They even made accessories to complement the bike. An improvement over the old pizza bike made 30 years ago.

January 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Only model in 2019 that has opening doors. Not much flaws for a regular Tomica at this pricing. Not many people can connect with American cars in Asia. Wanted to rank it into top 5 but have to give it to cars which I personally prefer.

March 2019 Toyota Hiace

Tough choice as I wanted to rank it higher as this is one of the best van made in recent years. If this van is painted in lighter colours, I might placed it in top 5. Black just isn't a good choice for commercial van as most people buy them in white or silver usually.


Finalist
Finally round up to last 5 models. This is just my personal preference for 2019 as mentioned that Tomica has improved over the past few years. Only let down is the omission of opening doors for recent models. It's a good year for Tomica overall although no Tomica stand out to be the clear winner for 2019.


January 2019 CoCo Ichibanya Kitchen Car

I never imagine a Toyota Townace could be made into this CoCo curry rice livery. Townace is a nice truck but justice was not done on its earlier casting. They managed to remodel into a nice kitchen car somehow. CoCo Curry House is also one restaurant I will patronize if I visit Japan.

June 2019 Enzo Ferrari

Among all the recent Ferrari made by Tomica, this is my favorite comparing to LaFerrari or the 488. Proportions are well executed and not easy to emulate if a car has too many curves or rounded ridges. The overall result is pretty sharp.

3rd Place: February 2019 Isuzu Giga Trailer House

I love the idea of a house being "piggyback" by a trailer. I don't recalled a house being carried by a truck in Tomica history. The house is nicely model which is the main reason why I am giving this vehicle high points. Will be great if more variant are produced.

2nd Place:  October 2019 Mitsuoka Rock Star

I am surprised myself too for ranking this 2nd place. I am never a fan of Mitsuoka with exception of the Viewt. I love Viewt and even thought of owning one. Rock Star is actually a MX-5 in disguise and supposed to make it into a classic Corvette look-alike. The detailing such as bonnet vents, grill and  front/rear bumper are nicely crafted onto the car. If the doors are able to open, it will be perfect. 

1st Place: April 2019 Suzuki Jimny

When I know Tomica is releasing the Jimny, I was really excited. This Tomica could passed off as a promo model as what Tomica been doing for some models in the past. This is also a reminiscent of how Tomy made Tomica back in the 80s. If you collect or play with Tomica since 80s, the quality build reminds of a Japan made Tomica. The overall lines of this car is pretty simple but everything is on point.


I will be doing Tomica of the decade soon since last done that in 2010. If you like to join my Facebook group, please do search for Go! Go! Tomica.





22 comments:

  1. Definitely agree on the Jimny. I Don't mind the lack of opening features as sometimes they can throw off the look of the model, But then If I want accuracy I would go and buy a TLV. These are toys first, Adult collectors items second.

    At least the Tomica Premium line still have opening parts, The Silvia S13 is a personal favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Enzo Ferrari" is a funny, but lovable typo. I wish they make the Suzuki SX4 S-Cross, my 1:1 ride. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rooted for the svj and jimny to win. I agree on the jimny but I wished the svj ranked higher. I also disagree on the painted windows. Its for the opening features bud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least SVJ make it to 2nd round. There are too many good models in 2019

      Delete
    2. Yeah. This was a far cry from the 2012 aventador. Idk why I am anonymous but im in your FB group

      Delete
  4. My favorite is actually the No. 67 Honda CR-V. I love the looks of the headlights so very much because Tomica did fantastic details on them, and I love Honda cars they are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Я Артур Борис - житель / громадянин Республіки Росія. Мені 52 роки, підприємець / бізнесмен. У мене колись були труднощі у фінансуванні мого проекту / бізнесу, якби не мій хороший друг, який познайомив мене з паном Бенджаміном Лі, щоб отримати кредит від 250 000 доларів США від його компанії. Коли я зв’язався з ними, мені було потрібно лише п’ять робочих днів, щоб процес оформлення кредиту був переведений на мій рахунок. Навіть з поганою кредитною історією вони все ще пропонують вам свою послугу. Вони також пропонують всі види позики, такі як бізнес-позики, позики на житло, особисті позики, кредити на авто. Я не знаю, як подякувати їм за те, що вони зробили для мене, але Бог нагородить їх згідно зі своїм багатством у славі. Якщо вам потрібна термінова фінансова допомога, зв’яжіться з ними сьогодні електронною поштою lfdsloans@outlook.com Інформація про WhatsApp ... + 1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name is Fajar. I live in  Bedono in Central Java   I was in a very chronic financial issue and terminal health situation some few weeks back. After all my search for assistance from friends and neighbors proved abortive, I feel there was no one who truly cares. I became so exhausted due to lack of funds to expand my business and my 2 kids aged 5 and 8 were not also good looking due to lack of proper care as a result of finance. One faithful morning I saw an old time friend of my late husband and I told him all I have been going through and he said the only way he could help was to direct me to a good loan officer in USA that also helped him, He explained to me on how he was financially down and how he got boosted by this loan officer ( Mr Benjamin Lee   who grant him 7,000,000.00 USD loan at an affordable rate of 2.2% rate . He further assured me that they were the only legit loan firm he found online. He gave me their email & WhatsApp That was how i applied and was also granted a loan and my life changed for the good. CONTACT THE ONLY GENUINE LENDER Mr Benjamin Lee VIA  WhatsApp - +1-989-394-3740  And  Email:    247officedept@gmail.com to resolve your financial mess.  

    ReplyDelete
  7. An ideal way to 'read' books that you wanted to read for a long time, but couldn't find time for, is listening to an audio book, read by a professional narrator who is telling you the story. With this relatively new technology, story telling is increasing in popularity again. Best Car Audio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,when could we see Best Tomica of 2020?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Worldwide Tweets is your news, entertainment, music fashion website. We provide you with the latest breaking news and videos straight from the entertainment industry. For more details visit Mercedes Benz AMG info

    ReplyDelete
  10. Much thanks for composing such an intriguing article on this point. This has truly made me think and I plan to peruse more.tetris unblocked online

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aussie Cash For Cars purchases every model, regardless of the condition. In Brisbane and surrounding regions, our junk car removal service is 100% free. We offer customers comfort and help them get rid of their unnecessary cars.

    ReplyDelete
  12. At Cash For Trucks Australia, we will take care of all your unwanted, unloved, old, broken, used, scrap and damaged vehicles including cars, trucks, 4WD & AWD and all utility (utes) and sell my truck Gympie related queries.
    Regardless of whether the vehicle is dead or alive, registered or unregistered, shiny or rusty, brand new or been around the country a few times, if you’re selling it, we’ll buy it and we’ll pay top dollar too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. At Cash For Boats Australia, we understand the trends associated with the sale of their unwanted vehicles are not wanted by the vehicle owners. So, we're avoiding this.
    We will purchase your unwanted vehicle registered or not, in good shape or wrecked. We are an old and used boat removal company because buying boats is our company. We are the best Boat Buyer Sunshine Coast company, which can purchase your unwanted boat fully, fully authorized, and insured. Just call us today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How to sell your cars for top cash ? Make a good research in the market, contact with local dealers and compare their prices which they are offering you for your vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brisbane Top Wreckers is one of the best car dealers in Brisbane offering best cash for cars Brisbane, Gold Coast and Ipswich. Contact them for further details and best offers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is really car waxing service is important for my vehicle? Nowadays this question generally asked by many guys, yes car waxing is very beneficial for you but only if you hire professional for this such as Gold Coast Hand Car Wash.

    ReplyDelete
  17. GDM Wrecking is one of the top car wreckers in Australia, offering best cash for any kind of scrap car, moreover they are offering free car removal services as well, if you are looking for car wreckers Moorooka, or other city get in touch with them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very fruitful post! Looking for the Professional Car Detailing in Brisbane? Don't worry about that more! Quick Car Detailing provides you the Best hand car wash Brisbane services.

    ReplyDelete