gogotomica

gogotomica

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Toy Cars I Bought in Germany

I bought a big lot of Tomica this trip but you are not seeing them here because I have already put them up for sale in a friend's shop. These are some of the smaller scale cars I am keeping. Just to share with you guys some interesting cars I found.

Penny - Fiat 124
Penny is something I am trying to collect but selectively. I wanted a Alfa Romeo Giulia but the asking price is 2 to 3 times the price of this Fiat so I have to pass. I have a few Penny at the moment but will not hesitate to buy them if the price is reasonable.

Schuco - Mercedes-Benz 200D
Schuco is a brand I have been collecting for some years. To complete it is rather impossible since they are getting scarce now especially mint in box ones. This W123 Mercedes Benz is hard to find among the 1/66 series. I do not buy a Mercedes if its emblem is missing but not for this one. It is too hard for one to come by and for me to pass it. I do encountered member in my group who wanted to buy this car when I post it in my FB group but commented that it is not mint and demanded me to sell him a mint one. I am feeling very annoyed because it is very rude to request the owner of the toy to price the toy for sale when the owner does not even have the intention to do so. I appreciate members to respect the owner of any post when we are sharing the stuff we found or collect. I wonder how much he is willing to offer for a mint in box piece.

Majorette - Toyota Landcruiser
I used to hate Majorette with big fat wheels. Since it is a Japanese car and a Landcruiser, my heart softened and bought 2 units of these examples. Majorette has been a friend during my childhood so I bought quite a number of them this trip. The early Majorette from 70s and 80s are still the best in my opinion. I like to have the 60s Majorette but it is too much for my wallet to bear. I have a few pieces of the 60s model already and I am good at the moment.

Faller Hit Car - BMW 2000CS 
Faller are supposed to be slot cars and the "toy" car version are based on the slot cars without the motor. I am collecting Faller as well at a small scale. The body is plastic but it has a metal base. I have not seen a BMW version but I still proceed to buy it although it is a junk piece. Most models I came across are either a Mercedes, Porsche or a VW.

Rasant - Ford Taunus 17M
This is the first time I heard of a Rasant so I have to buy it. Like the Faller, Rasant origins started as a slot car too and was made into a lesser model without the model at a later stage. It has a metal body and base which slightly differs from the Faller.



2 comments: